Giving Tuesday 2021
Tuesday 30th November is the global day of giving, a day where everyone, everywhere comes together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity, to share and to invest.
At The Hunger Project we believe people are extraordinary. We work to empower people living in hunger, by awakening them to their own potential and leadership. They become agents of change, lifting their communities above the poverty line for good.
A huge thank you to everyone who supported and invested in The Hunger Project for our Giving Tuesday 2021 campaign. If you haven’t had a chance to make an impact yet, it’s not too late, use the Give Now button below to make an investment.
- 690 million people are living in chronic hunger
- 130 million additional people may be pushed into chronic hunger by the COVID-19 pandemic
- 60% of the world’s hungry are women
Our sustainable approach means that in response to the covid-19 pandemic, we have been able to mobilize over 500,000 local leaders in 13 countries around the world to help spread correct information and support to communities at risk during the COVID-19 crisis, to make sure no-one is left behind.
People across the world are rallying together to highlight how the power of transforming mindsets, leadership development, and training are key to ending hunger and poverty.
We invite you to take action and join our grassroots campaign. Your support helps empower people to end hunger in their communities once and for all.
What You Can Do
INVEST NOW in the end of hunger, in honour of Giving Tuesday.
SHOP WITH PURPOSE If you are placing orders on Amazon, please consider using AmazonSmile instead of Amazon.co.uk. When you shop and select The Hunger Project UK, Amazon will make a donation to our work, at no cost to you!
What Your Gift Can Do
- £25 could support a community in Africa planting trees, which provide sources of food, energy and income.
- £50 could support one female entrepreneur with a microfinance loan and training so she can start a small business to support her family.
- £75 could train a group of 100 people in maternal and child health and nutrition in Africa.
- £100 could support a group of women to start an income-generating project, like a poultry farm so they can provide for their families.
Watch how we’re supporting communities living in hunger during the covid-19 crisis: There is No Lockdown on Hope
Giving Tuesday is the movement that transcends borders and ideologies, to bring the entire world together in the spirit of generosity and giving.
A massive Thank You from The Hunger Project UK for your partnership in ending world hunger.
If you have any questions please contact Emma Bardsley on email@example.com
Photography: Women in Benin at workshop – Johannes Ode