Set your clocks! Have your donations DOUBLED this Christmas through The Hunger Project’s Christmas campaign
Make your investment in the end of hunger go further this Christmas through The Big Give Christmas Challenge where donations are doubled through this match funding campaign.
This December invest in our microfinance programme led by women, for women, in rural villages in Senegal
Did you know?
- Of 223 million people who live in hunger in Sub-Saharan Africa, two thirds are women and children, despite the fact that women subsistence farmers do 90% of the work of processing food crops and providing household water and wood, as well as 80% of the work of food storage and transport
- In Senegal, almost 30% of the population lives on less than £1 per day and 14% of the children are malnourished. Women are also much more likely to be poor, under-educated and malnourished than men
Our Senegal microfinance programme will be implemented in 10 epicentres, serving 183,000 people, and aims to:
- Train women through microfinance and income generating workshops
- Distribute loans and generate savings deposits
- Empower women at a village level to play a strong role in their community, and increase their ability to earn a decent living for themselves and their families, ending their hunger for good
Match funding is released by The Big Give at 12 noon sharp on Friday 4th December, and ONLY offered on a first come first served basis, so set your clocks and join The Hunger Project’s Lunch Hour Campaign.
What to do:
- From 12 noon on Friday 4th Dec, donate £5, approximately what you would spend on lunch, or more, to support our partners in Senegal.
- Help THP reach our goal of £4000, to be doubled by The Big Give if we reach our target!
The countdown to 12 noon on Dec 4th IS ON!
How to have your donation matched this Christmas:
Add a reminder to your calendar for midday on 4th December
Add to Google calendar Here
At midday, CLICK HERE to make your pledge